Top 5 tips for writing a successful award entry
1. Follow the entry criteria carefully – stick within the 1,000 word limit, which is divided in to 3 criteria.
2. Plan the structure of your award carefully and make sure you have strong enough evidence to reinforce your successes. Predicted success is not going to impress the judges!
3. Keep the language simple and leverage the skills of your design colleagues who can bring the award to life using imagery and charts. After all, a picture is worth 1,000 words.
4. Are you shouting loud enough about your success? Take advantage of providing supporting evidence to back up your claims – just ensure it’s clearly referenced in your entry.
5. Don’t leave it to the last minute. Successful award entries are achieved by investing time in structuring, writing and evidencing your achievements. It will also buy you enough time to thoroughly review the entry with your team and with a good proof reader.
By following our top 5 tips, you are well on your way to differentiating between a good and best in class award entry!
And if you still need convincing why entering an Air Cargo News Award is important for your organisation, here are some of our 2020 winners to explain why...
2020 winner testimonials
“It’s a privilege to be awarded Best Cargo Airline – Americas and Cargo Airline of the Year by Air Cargo News. Voted on by industry peers, these awards honor the importance of each industry segment and represent the hard work that goes into keeping air cargo moving around the world. A huge thank you to the team that continues to host these awards each year, and for Air Cargo News as continually trusted media outlet and partner.”
“Being the Cargo Hub of the Year Award is a recognition of the hard work of everybody involved. In these days, uplifting the spirit is more important than ever. Liege Airport can testify that the Award has exactly done that, recognition of the past and motivation for the future. Looking forward to the next event, where we can celebrate our industry together at another memorable Awards night.”
“Ethiopian Cargo & Logistics Services, Africa’s largest network cargo operator and multi-award winner, is truly honoured to won the ‘Best Cargo Airline – Africa ‘ award at the Air Cargo News Awards 2020. We believe the award is an endorsement of our dedication, team work and the leading role that Ethiopian Cargo & Logistic Services playing in giving safe, dependable and competitive service to Africa and the world. We thank you for this opportunity, and this recognition encourages us to focus and do more in expanding our services to reach out more globally!”
“Without doubt, 2020 was the most challenging year faced by the aviation industry, and to have been named Best Cargo Airline – Middle East by Air Cargo News, was an incredible achievement for the entire team. Despite the obstacles encountered, Etihad Cargo played a major role in keeping key trade lanes connected and delivered aid on behalf of the UAE government around the world. We are now continuing the journey with the vaccine transportation through our hub in Abu Dhabi.”
"We are incredibly proud and feel honored to be the winner of the Air Cargo News 2020 innovation award! This award is a great recognition of our efforts in pushing the boundaries of the industry together with our customers and partners."